Why Attend RCS?
Tradition and pride describe the Richmond Community Schools. The tradition is evident in the incredible expanse of Richmond High School. With its soaring cupola that can be seen for miles, our high school epitomizes the tradition and pride in excellence of our community in its school corporation.
Our school stress first the academic programs while maintaining high standards of expectation for all students. This program excellence is seen at all levels. At the elementary level, teachers work in low ratios with students to offer a personalized instructional program. In our intermediate schools, students have the opportunity to explore under the careful and caring guidance of a well-trained staff. Richmond High School is recognized for both breadth and depth of program effort and its many National Merit scholars.
What You'll Find at RCS
What you will discover is that RCS is a system committed to engaging the best efforts of all children as they learn within an academic standards-based environment. What that means is that we are preparing our students to be academically competitive when they leave the Richmond Community Schools - whether they choose to remain here as citizens or live anywhere in the world. Our academic standards are world-class standards, and we have accepted the challenge of creating learning experiences that enable students to meet them.
You will see vocational, academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular news and activities on all the school home pages within the district. Regardless of the student interest, the opportunities to explore, discover, create, plan, and execute are provided by the Richmond Community Schools.
Enroll your student today in the Richmond Community School System and experience excellence in education!
Order a Welcome Packet
Information about Richmond Community Schools is available for those considering relocating to Richmond. To order a welcome packet, contact the Communication Coordinator. Please include your complete and current mailing address in your request.
The packet includes:
- The most current School Profile;
- The most current RCS Annual Report;
- The RCS School Calendar; and
- Miscellaneous information
Top Reasons To Enroll In Richmond Community Schools
- Music and Art opportunities abound in RCS
- Dual Credit, College Credit and Advanced Placement at RHS
- Comprehensive vocational courses at RHS
- Winning tradition in sports and academic competition
- Extensive offerings for advanced students in grades 2-12
- Technology integrated with learning
- Back-On-Track opportunities at all grade levels
- Alternative Placement for students in middle and high school
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Oldest and first high school orchestra in the country
- ISTEP scores in Language Arts increased over the state scores
- ISTEP gains in Math
- High achievement rate in Early College program and Logos with an almost 100% pass rate on ISTEP
- One of the highest rates of increases for the graduation rate among Indiana high schools
- West Point Cadet among RCS graduates, as well as placing students in colleges all over the country
- Lowest School Tax rate (0.5659) in Wayne County
- Highest percentage of money going to students (68.9%) in Wayne County.
- Why Us